Another perfect day to head to the Mara Mountain Lookout with clear blue skies and warm temperatures. A smaller group than usual (for this ride) started from the Beattie Road staging and enjoyed the tree lined trail vs using the Kingfisher FSR route which is several boring kms of road riding.
After successfully navigating the rock strewn trail to the lookout, the group enjoyed the view for 30 minutes before making way for a couple of Jeeps climbing the switchbacks to the lookout.
9:00am SHARP Sunday August 7 start time
This is always the most popular ride of the year because the views from the lookout can’t be beat.
For those wanting to tag along from Vernon we convoy from the Tim Horton’s parking lot on 58th Avenue (opposite Walmart) at 7:30am for Enderby where we meet at the Enderby Tourism Visitor Centre (turn right at the RCMP detachment and continue straight to Railway Street where you turn left and park).
Vernon Tim Horton’s (58th Avenue) to Enderby Tourist Visitor Centre
Enderby Tourist Visitor Centre to Beattie Road Staging
The second leg of the road trip leaves Enderby at 8:00am for the staging area on Beattie Road.
If you’re not ready to join the convoy then you need to study the directions so you can find your way there.
There will be a short safety meeting before the 9:00am ride start.
- Total ride length approximately 70km = one tank of fuel
- Upper beginner to intermediate level ride difficulty
- Extremely rough and rocky terrain
- Off trail riding will not be tolerated!!!
- Bring snacks, drinks and a lunch as there will be a short break for snacks and an extended break at the lookout
- Bring bug spray and sunscreen
- The ride is open to everyone, you do not need to be a Vernon ATV Club member to attend
- All participants will be required to sign the ATVBC Waiver at the safety meeting