Rules and Regulations

We enjoy getting out in the wild but it’s not the wild west. There are some rules we all need to live by so we can continue to have access to public lands to ride.

  • Registration – your ATV must be registered, this is done by taking the paperwork you received when you purchased your machine to your favourite insurance broker. Registration is a one time fee that stays with your machine as long as you own it. When registered you will receive a license plate or a sticker version of a license plate if you prefer.
  • Insurance – to ride on Forest Service Roads you must carry a minimum of $200,000 third party liability.
  • Documents – you must carry proof of your registration, insurance and your driver’s license on you at all times when riding on Forest Service Roads.
  • Speed – you must operate at a speed that is safe for the conditions to a maximum of 80 km/h on  Forest Service Roads unless posted otherwise.
  • On appropriate trails and roads, more on this next in Where to Ride, Where not to Ride.

Back to Welcome | Where to Ride, Where Not to Ride