If you’d like to attend the Winter Carnival Parade but don’t have a costume yet, no worries because we have a quick, cheap and easy costume idea for you. In 15 minutes with items found around the house (or under $5 if you have to buy them) will have you looking mighty fine.
What you’ll need:
- White kitchen garbage bag (large enough you fit in it)
- Permanent marker (match the marker colour to your hoodie/pants)
- Unfold the garbage bag and make sure it looks large enough to fit over your upper body.
- Cut a head hole in the bottom of the bag
- Cut arm holes on either side of the bag
- Try your bag on, and make some marks to indicate where you want to draw your card emblems
- Pick a suit (clubs, diamonds, hearts or spades) and rank that you want to use for your card and draw it on:
- Rank and Suit in the top right corner (when you’re wearing it)
- Suit in the centre of the card
- Rank and Suit in the bottom left corner (when you’re wearing it)
Voila, you’ve got a costume for the parade! Wear a black or red hoodie and pants (depending on the suit you’ve chosen) and you’re looking like a pro!